2.7
Style and Design

bought a X552L laptop on 12/29/14 at Best Buy.I started having issues soon after.

The mouse touchpad works inconsistently. It stopped scrolling and then stopped working altogether unless I restart the computer. The keyboard doesn't register all of my keystrokes. My screen randomly alters the color distillation for a few seconds at a time.

It drops off the network no matter what network I'm on, and even though my phone and iPad don't have a problem. I can't watch two DVDs in a row without restarting my computer. I have called ASUS a total of ten times and my issue still isn't resolved. They had me go to Best Buy 3 times, and each time Best Buy told me that there was nothing that they could do because ASUS needed to replace it.

On my third call to ASUS on 10/6/15, the rep had no idea what he was talking about. When I disagreed with him, he started talking very slowly like he was talking to an ***. Now that I have a little more than a month left on my warranty they finally agree that I should send my laptop to them to be fixed. When I asked if they could send me a shipping label, she acted as though I was asking for the sun and the moon.

I lost my job last year, am living in a homeless shelter and don't have $20-$30 to spend on shipping a defective laptop to them. After some time, she very reluctantly agreed to send me a RMA. She made it very clear that she was doing it out of the goodness of her heart, and not because ASUS does this on a regular basis, and they wouldn't be able to do that in the future. I made it to the library, paid to print the papers she sent me and took everything to FedEx.

FedEx told me that I needed a shipping label. I called ASUS on 11/17/15 to speak to a supervisor. I was told that they couldn't transfer calls because the system was down, but a supervisor would call me in 10-15 minutes. I called back 30 minutes later.

I was then told that I would get a call back in 1-3 hours. I waited 25 hours until I called them back on 11/18/15. I had to call them three times because their system kicked me to their automated survey and then would hangup on me. The last time I called them, the rep refused to speak to a supervisor.

When he told me that the system was down, and a supervisor would have to call me, I told him that I would wait. After he put me on hold to go talk to someone, he came back to tell me that there were no supervisors on the call floor because they were all in a meeting. I told him that I could wait. He made it clear that I couldn't.

When I asked when they would be out of the meeting so I could call back, he accused me of calling him a liar. I finally got a call back a couple of hours later. Not because I was getting my promised return call from a supervisor, but because I rated them poorly on the automated survey and they wanted to know why. I explained everything that had happened and that I needed a replacement.

He told me that I would need to send it in before they could do anything for me. I told him that my concern was that they would "fix it," send it back and it'd stop working after my warranty expired. He let me know that if I send the computer in during the last month of the warranty (I'd have to wait another 11 days), the repair would be covered for three months. There was no guarantee that the problem would be fixed.

Only that the repair was covered. ASUS hasn't shown any compassion or willingness to help me. This is more than just another customer complaint, although it is that. I am too sick to work.

I don't have family that can help me. I live in a homeless shelter, but could be out on the street any day. After that, I can't even live in my car because it's broken and I have to sell it for parts. My only option at this point is to go to school.

I can't do that without a computer. I am not asking for money.

I am not asking for anyone to go above and beyond.I am asking for assurance that I won't get screwed over and my computer will be fixed.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of asus laptop from Asus. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $460 and wants Asus to "replacement".

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service, technical support and supervisor assistance. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Dell. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Asus for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Asus?

Comments