For more than 25 years I have owned a consulting business devoted to improving call centers and customer service for companies such as Motorola, Hughes Engineering, SiriusXM Satellite radio, AT&T, GE, etc. I have setup, managed or audited over 120 customer service operations on 3 continents.
Based on this background I can say with TOTAL conviction that ASUS has the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced!
My saga started with a Zenbook UX303L. It's a good machine. However, as others have experienced it often develops hinge problems. In my case the hinge wasn't bad, but the plastic housing around it cracked. This happened 2 weeks before my warranty expired. I contacted ASUS and told them I wanted it on record that I was under warranty (warranty expired on 11/16/15), but couldn't send the PC back to them until 11/19. They sent me an email confirming that I was in warranty. They also sent me an RMA # and a prepaid packing slip for FedEx, but the FedEx delivery would be from NJ to CA by GROUND - this would take 5 days. I was also told that repair would be 2 - 3 days.
I contacted ASUS and said I would ship via FedEx overnight at my expense. This caused the 1st problem. They had their FedEx tracking # associated with my RMA and couldn't make the change. I bit the bullet and sent via ground, but included a request that they contact me when unit fixed, and I'd pay for FedEx overnight.
ASUS rec'd the unit on Wed., 11/254. At 3am on Thanksgiving morning (11/26) I rec'd an email that the unit was out of warranty & if I disputed this, to send proof. This email, like every email from ASUS begins with "Do not respond to this email" it also had an 800# to call (855-714-0471). This number was for the corporate offices, which closed not just Thanksgiving, but also Friday, the day after. There was a link in the mail to which I sent a copy of the previous email stating that I was in warranty.
The next morning, (at 4am) I rec'd another email stating that it would cost $300 to repair the unit and ASUS had my pc for 2 days - if they didn't hear from me with payment within another 3 days, the unit would be ret'd to me. This message had the same toll free #.
I finally located a customer service # for ASUS tech support (888-678-3688) in Jamaica, and spent the next 3 days (Sat., Sun., and Mon.) making 7 calls to ASUS tech support.
Virtually every agent would read 1 or 2 snippets of my case and begin with "Your unit is out of warranty'. I would have to tell them to read the entire file and then begin talking. I was disconnected by the agent on 2 calls, one agent (Stefan) failed to enter any notes from a call, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, was placed on hold for 20 minutes, and then told a supervisor would call me back within 3 hours. 5 hours later, not having heard back, I called Tech support again - couldn't speak to a supervisor. They were too busy.
I discovered that there is a 1 time option to use an "Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)" and get repairs for free. I took this option on a Sunday, but was concerned that on Monday this info would not make it to the proper party and that my unit would be ret'd to me because Mon., 11/30 was the 5th day. I should point out that on every one of these calls, I stated that they should contact me when the unit is fixed, and I'd pay for FedEx overnight return.
I followed up on Monday, and was surprised to hear that the info had been communicated. 3 days later, on 12/3 my unit was repaired (ASUS had the unit for 9 days for its "2 -3 day repair").
I called to for the 12th time request that the unit be shipped overnight at my expense. ASUS couldn't/didn't do this. The excuses ran from "we don't have any way to accept credit card info" (then why do you ask for $300 to repair and put the logo's of Visa, MasterCard and Amex on your email?), to "we can't read every note in a file".
I eventually got the unit back on 12/11/15 - 22 days, 19 phone calls, and a bunch of aggravation later. In fairness, I should point out that one agent (Stacy S.) did go out of her way to assist me - but 1 out of 19 is pretty bad. In case anyone from ASUS reads these boards my case # N151181811.
THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Overall customer service and repair processes
- Repeated incompetence
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Azus Zenbook Ux303L
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered 3 7" iRola Android Tablets DX752 for my kids for Christmas. I purchased them at the end of November. My kids played on them for 1 day and..."
- "Dell Computer ~ Fraudulent Business Practices ~ Senior Operations Analyst Acknowledges Poor Quality Control By Ken Garneau Caveat Emptor~let the buyer beware. In a world of technology, large corporations, telecommunications, the sales..."
- "On 12/22/14, I ordered a laptop from Dream Gadgets, Ltd. for my daughter for Christmas. I paid for 2 day shipping. That evening, I received an email from PayPal credit..."
- "Ordered shots of Patron tequila and they were clearly watered down. As an avid tequila drink it is obvious when the tequila does not have any affect on your tongue..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."