For more than 25 years I have owned a consulting business devoted to improving call centers and customer service for companies such as Motorola, Hughes Engineering, SiriusXM Satellite radio, AT&T, GE, etc. I have setup, managed or audited over 120 customer service operations on 3 continents.
Based on this background I can say with TOTAL conviction that ASUS has the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced!
My saga started with a Zenbook UX303L. It's a good machine. However, as others have experienced it often develops hinge problems. In my case the hinge wasn't bad, but the plastic housing around it cracked. This happened 2 weeks before my warranty expired. I contacted ASUS and told them I wanted it on record that I was under warranty (warranty expired on 11/16/15), but couldn't send the PC back to them until 11/19. They sent me an email confirming that I was in warranty. They also sent me an RMA # and a prepaid packing slip for FedEx, but the FedEx delivery would be from NJ to CA by GROUND - this would take 5 days. I was also told that repair would be 2 - 3 days.
I contacted ASUS and said I would ship via FedEx overnight at my expense. This caused the 1st problem. They had their FedEx tracking # associated with my RMA and couldn't make the change. I bit the bullet and sent via ground, but included a request that they contact me when unit fixed, and I'd pay for FedEx overnight.
ASUS rec'd the unit on Wed., 11/254. At 3am on Thanksgiving morning (11/26) I rec'd an email that the unit was out of warranty & if I disputed this, to send proof. This email, like every email from ASUS begins with "Do not respond to this email" it also had an 800# to call (855-714-0471). This number was for the corporate offices, which closed not just Thanksgiving, but also Friday, the day after. There was a link in the mail to which I sent a copy of the previous email stating that I was in warranty.
The next morning, (at 4am) I rec'd another email stating that it would cost $300 to repair the unit and ASUS had my pc for 2 days - if they didn't hear from me with payment within another 3 days, the unit would be ret'd to me. This message had the same toll free #.
I finally located a customer service # for ASUS tech support (888-678-3688) in Jamaica, and spent the next 3 days (Sat., Sun., and Mon.) making 7 calls to ASUS tech support.
Virtually every agent would read 1 or 2 snippets of my case and begin with "Your unit is out of warranty'. I would have to tell them to read the entire file and then begin talking. I was disconnected by the agent on 2 calls, one agent (Stefan) failed to enter any notes from a call, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, was placed on hold for 20 minutes, and then told a supervisor would call me back within 3 hours. 5 hours later, not having heard back, I called Tech support again - couldn't speak to a supervisor. They were too busy.
I discovered that there is a 1 time option to use an "Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)" and get repairs for free. I took this option on a Sunday, but was concerned that on Monday this info would not make it to the proper party and that my unit would be ret'd to me because Mon., 11/30 was the 5th day. I should point out that on every one of these calls, I stated that they should contact me when the unit is fixed, and I'd pay for FedEx overnight return.
I followed up on Monday, and was surprised to hear that the info had been communicated. 3 days later, on 12/3 my unit was repaired (ASUS had the unit for 9 days for its "2 -3 day repair").
I called to for the 12th time request that the unit be shipped overnight at my expense. ASUS couldn't/didn't do this. The excuses ran from "we don't have any way to accept credit card info" (then why do you ask for $300 to repair and put the logo's of Visa, MasterCard and Amex on your email?), to "we can't read every note in a file".
I eventually got the unit back on 12/11/15 - 22 days, 19 phone calls, and a bunch of aggravation later. In fairness, I should point out that one agent (Stacy S.) did go out of her way to assist me - but 1 out of 19 is pretty bad. In case anyone from ASUS reads these boards my case # N151181811.
THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Overall customer service and repair processes
- Repeated incompetence
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Azus Zenbook Ux303L
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Ive ordered JXD S5100 game tablet (device) for my son on 20th november 2012. I received package begin January 2013. After opening and examining device, i figured there is no..."
- "Bought two ASUS X200CA touch screen laptops at Best Buy for about $250 ea. Computers work really well. However, both no longer charge due to faulty DC-IN charging port design...."
- "Should you buy a computer from Ibuypower.com, make your own decision read the below. Bought on 2/24/2016 returned on 03/18/2016, 23 days from their door back to their door ...."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."