4.0

For more than 25 years I have owned a consulting business devoted to improving call centers and customer service for companies such as Motorola, Hughes Engineering, SiriusXM Satellite radio, AT&T, GE, etc. I have setup, managed or audited over 120 customer service operations on 3 continents.

Based on this background I can say with TOTAL conviction that ASUS has the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced!

My saga started with a Zenbook UX303L. It's a good machine. However, as others have experienced it often develops hinge problems. In my case the hinge wasn't bad, but the plastic housing around it cracked. This happened 2 weeks before my warranty expired. I contacted ASUS and told them I wanted it on record that I was under warranty (warranty expired on 11/16/15), but couldn't send the PC back to them until 11/19. They sent me an email confirming that I was in warranty. They also sent me an RMA # and a prepaid packing slip for FedEx, but the FedEx delivery would be from NJ to CA by GROUND - this would take 5 days. I was also told that repair would be 2 - 3 days.

I contacted ASUS and said I would ship via FedEx overnight at my expense. This caused the 1st problem. They had their FedEx tracking # associated with my RMA and couldn't make the change. I bit the bullet and sent via ground, but included a request that they contact me when unit fixed, and I'd pay for FedEx overnight.

ASUS rec'd the unit on Wed., 11/254. At 3am on Thanksgiving morning (11/26) I rec'd an email that the unit was out of warranty & if I disputed this, to send proof. This email, like every email from ASUS begins with "Do not respond to this email" it also had an 800# to call (855-714-0471). This number was for the corporate offices, which closed not just Thanksgiving, but also Friday, the day after. There was a link in the mail to which I sent a copy of the previous email stating that I was in warranty.

The next morning, (at 4am) I rec'd another email stating that it would cost $300 to repair the unit and ASUS had my pc for 2 days - if they didn't hear from me with payment within another 3 days, the unit would be ret'd to me. This message had the same toll free #.

I finally located a customer service # for ASUS tech support (888-678-3688) in Jamaica, and spent the next 3 days (Sat., Sun., and Mon.) making 7 calls to ASUS tech support.

Virtually every agent would read 1 or 2 snippets of my case and begin with "Your unit is out of warranty'. I would have to tell them to read the entire file and then begin talking. I was disconnected by the agent on 2 calls, one agent (Stefan) failed to enter any notes from a call, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, was placed on hold for 20 minutes, and then told a supervisor would call me back within 3 hours. 5 hours later, not having heard back, I called Tech support again - couldn't speak to a supervisor. They were too busy.

I discovered that there is a 1 time option to use an "Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)" and get repairs for free. I took this option on a Sunday, but was concerned that on Monday this info would not make it to the proper party and that my unit would be ret'd to me because Mon., 11/30 was the 5th day. I should point out that on every one of these calls, I stated that they should contact me when the unit is fixed, and I'd pay for FedEx overnight return.

I followed up on Monday, and was surprised to hear that the info had been communicated. 3 days later, on 12/3 my unit was repaired (ASUS had the unit for 9 days for its "2 -3 day repair").

I called to for the 12th time request that the unit be shipped overnight at my expense. ASUS couldn't/didn't do this. The excuses ran from "we don't have any way to accept credit card info" (then why do you ask for $300 to repair and put the logo's of Visa, MasterCard and Amex on your email?), to "we can't read every note in a file".

I eventually got the unit back on 12/11/15 - 22 days, 19 phone calls, and a bunch of aggravation later. In fairness, I should point out that one agent (Stacy S.) did go out of her way to assist me - but 1 out of 19 is pretty bad. In case anyone from ASUS reads these boards my case # N151181811.

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Asus and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Asus to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was overall customer service and repair processes and repeated incompetence. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Dell. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Asus azus zenbook ux303l for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Asus?

Comments