2.5
Style and Design

I had a problem with motherboard.Couldn't find it on any websites and 2 computer repair shops said they cant help me after charging 50$(just to take it apart and telling cant help) and 168$(for restoring data and copying on external hard drive since asus repairs might or might not delete it all during the service) Long story short: when trying to contact asus customer care by chat it took me hours and hours during several days.

It would say for long periods of time there are "x" people in front of you (usually about 6) and I'm being patient and wait and all the sudden on the chat screen it says "you haven't been active and so the agent has ended the conversation". how am I supposed to be active?, they don't even allow you to write anything before the agent says hello. Second off- when finally they start typing- they would live the chat in the middle of conversation. it happend several times, last time I managed to get agents name Neilomar T.

(by the way-they will not send you copy of the conversations nor have a page on their official web site where to write them). So after endless tries of chatting, finally took time off from work and called their phone number. First time a lady answered she put me on hold several times after hanged up. Second time a man with very hard accent was talking to me, it was hard to understand but luckily very knowledgeable.

Conclusion: call!!! do not attempt to chat with Asus if you can fix your problem without sending it to Asus for repairs- do yourself a huge favor and do it. It costed me $690 for motherboard replacement and apparently keyboard chipset ( which by the way came not functional had to send it back) + $17 shipping + $50 + $168 and gas and time. You would ask me why i tried to do all this- I really don't know.

I guess it was a matter of principle after 2nd attempt.The laptop was purchased March 2015 for $1300 and as of August 2017 I invested $925.

Review about: Asus Technical Support.

Had an Experience with Asus?

Comments