ASUS U46E Front Benzel Cracked and Screen Separating
I bought a U46E in 2011.I only used the laptop at night so open and close maybe once each night max.
After casual use, the front benzel cracked, the screen is separating from the benzel. Called Tech Support and they said mail it in and they will give and estimate to repair. I indicated this was a common problem with this model and will they fix it even if out of warranty? A front benzel and hinge costs $100 in parts alone.
Tech support just continued with the script that it is out of warranty.
Too bad that this is a common issue.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Asus Laptop
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 12/22/14, I ordered a laptop from Dream Gadgets, Ltd. for my daughter for Christmas. I paid for 2 day shipping. That evening, I received an email from PayPal credit..."
- "I ordered 3 7" iRola Android Tablets DX752 for my kids for Christmas. I purchased them at the end of November. My kids played on them for 1 day and..."
- "I opened the shipping package only to find a completely mangled, crushed and ripped AMD processor box. The seal was broken and the processor wasn't even in the box. The..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- "Two year old leather recliner had large discolored area suddenly appear on headrest. I had purchased the fabric protection plan when I bought the recliner from Lazyboy. The..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."