ASUS U46E Front Benzel Cracked and Screen Separating
I bought a U46E in 2011.I only used the laptop at night so open and close maybe once each night max.
After casual use, the front benzel cracked, the screen is separating from the benzel. Called Tech Support and they said mail it in and they will give and estimate to repair. I indicated this was a common problem with this model and will they fix it even if out of warranty? A front benzel and hinge costs $100 in parts alone.
Tech support just continued with the script that it is out of warranty.
Too bad that this is a common issue.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Asus Laptop
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought the headphone ATH-ANC7b one year ago by the amazon website. Nowadays the ear protection of synthetic leather showed problems, started to lose the seam. How I'm from brazil,..."
- "I should have known better about a product that has THREE different names! Tablet bought 7/2014; numerous issues with spontaneous crashes and hangs. Android OS updated by Asus 2x over..."
- "Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T! If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER..."
- "They didn't send what I ordered! I ordered the Gibbs Rules Coffee Mug and received something in Spanish!!! I don't how this could have happened. They sent a confirmation email..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."