Asus Service blows

Update added by user Mar 27

Reported this to BBB and I get this ***.ptsi_cs42 Mar 17 at 12:05 PM

Message body

Hello Kenneth,

I am reaching out to you in regards to your BBB complaint.

I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused. I am very sorry that they did not properly assist you as I looked into your case and it appeared someone was taking the necessary actions to get you taken care of. However, after checking back on it now, it does appear no one is properly helping you and I cannot apologize enough for this. Due to the issues you have had thus far, I have decided to go ahead and upgrade you to a P8Z77-M Pro, its the top of the line version of your exact model, has a few more features but is same size and everything.

Just a more beefy version of your board. Would this be ok with you? As I have sent out an email to the repair facility to go ahead and reserve one for you. If you accept this offer, I will send you the RMA instructions for filling everything out online to get the ball rolling for you.

Again, I am very sorry about this matter. Cordell S. ASUS Corporate Customer Care DISCLAIMER - All communications - written, illustrated, graphics, or any type of content/information present within these email(s) are considered "off the record," confidential and not for publication. Our company and the sender accept no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.

All information contained is direct, confidential communication between the sender and recipient. This content cannot be posted, used, copied or replicated in any way without direct written consent from Asus. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e- mail and delete the original message.If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Original review posted by user Mar 13

It started on the 3rd of FEB 2016. My bios wouldn't update so I call Asus Tech support. I gave them all my info and for 2hrs. I was put on hold, transfered, and given some poor excuses as to what was causing the problem. I called a friend of mine Kerry who own's his own computer repair shop to come look at my computer and see if he could find out what was wrong with it. (He Could Not). I told him what one rep told me that was wrong with it, that it was the cd-rom. After Kerry stopped laughing he told me there is nothing wrong with your cd-rom. So I called back to Asus and talked to a supervisior

named Almar, he told me that my motherboard was still under warranty that he would make up an RMA and to ship it in and they would fix it free of charge. I agreed and sent it in on 5th of Feb 2016. Feb 15 I got and email saying I owed 90.00 that the motherboard had a broken corner and the motherboard could not be fixed. I called Asus and told the rep this motherboard was not damaged when I shipped it so they pointed the finger at Fedex and told me they would file a claim with them and ship me a new motherboard. Feb 20th 2016 I get my motherboard. After hooking everything back up I noticed I was only getting

half of my ram showing up. I called Asus back on Feb. 22nd 2016 and talked a rep named Gab. After getting all my info including the ram I was using, they wanted me to send the motherboard back in for repair. So I sent the motherboard back in Feb. 25th 2016. While search on my laptop I came across a website with hundreds of members having the same issues such as only half the ram showing, sending motherboards in to Asus and getting them back un-repaired and bad customer service. Getting passed from one rep to another and hear every excuse in the book as to why something is not working.

March 1st I get an email from Asus (Dorothy Z.) saying "Your RMA was received; however there was a delay in processing as the unit received was not the same s/n# that RMA was issued for. Your RMA has been adjusted and nothing further on your side is required, unless you believe you received this email in error then please contact Product Support immediately. In future, please be sure that you are confirming the s/n# with the actual unit prior to sending the unit for RMA service. Any s/n# discrepancies will cause a delay in your RMA from being processed, this often occurs when you are taking the s/n# from the box.

RMA Issued: P8Z77-M s/n# D4M0AB095091

RMA Received: P8Z77-M s/n# D4M0ABKK005J

Now seeing this really made me mad know that the D4M0AB095091 was my old motherboard that had a broken corner was replaced with D4M0ABKK005J, So I called again and asked what was going on. The rep told me everything was fine that they just needed to update their main frame. March 8th I get my motherboard back only to see nothing was done to it. It was not fixed so I called yet again, I talked to a Trevorynes and he tells me to send it back in to have them test it. I then asked why wasn't it tested before it was shipped? He told me it was but this time they will test it more so with the make and model ram info I gave them.

Looking at the first email telling me that my old motherboard that had a corner damaged, Trevorynes was the same one that signed off on it.

3/12/16 10:45am Called Asus about the Advanced RMA. Talked to Paul. He tells me the will send a form for me to fill out then they will put a temp hold of 115.00 on my card until they get my old motherboard and that I have 14 days to get it to them. I told him fine but then he tells me they only have 5 of my motherboards in stock that he has to put in a request for someone to contact me about the advance RMA.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Horrible customer service

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Asus Motherboard
Review category
review #809108 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Asus? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Asus. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Asus.
Filing a new complaint about