100% full Not resolved
3.0

Update by user Aug 12, 2015

No contact yet, I sent an email to their corp. office.

Update by user Aug 04, 2015

BTW ... I can understand if this was an isolated incident with one machine or from rough use...but BOTH computers at around the same time under normal operating conditions? This is obviously a design flaw and ASUS should stand behind their product(s) and honor some sort of solution.

Original review posted by user Aug 04, 2015

Bought two ASUS X200CA touch screen laptops at Best Buy for about $250 ea.Computers work really well.

However, both no longer charge due to faulty DC-IN charging port design. The pin either eventually will break off, or the contacts on the board will become loose. Contacted ASUS, both are out of warranty, only 12M. Will cost estimated $280 each to fix them, not including shipping both out to them.

I am pissed, I trusted ASUS tech for a long time, they make decent internal parts, but their retail products are ***.I will never buy another ASUS product again.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $250. The author is overall dissatisfied with Asus and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about asus laptop from Asus was poor quality retail products Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Dell that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Asus.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Computers category for more informed decision or compare Asus to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Asus?

Comments

on my asus k54l the charging port was directly soldered on the mobo so thewholemobo cracked. piece of junk

yes, i have the same issue with 2 laptops

to Anonymous #1071330

Let us know if u make any progress. I contacted their corporate division and they simply did not care. They said that since it is no longer under warranty there is nothing they can do and they refused to acknowledge that it was a bad port design.