Update added by user Aug 12, 2015
No contact yet, I sent an email to their corp. office.
Update added by user Aug 04, 2015
BTW ... I can understand if this was an isolated incident with one machine or from rough use...but BOTH computers at around the same time under normal operating conditions? This is obviously a design flaw and ASUS should stand behind their product(s) and honor some sort of solution.
Original review posted by user Aug 04, 2015
Bought two ASUS X200CA touch screen laptops at Best Buy for about $250 ea.Computers work really well.
However, both no longer charge due to faulty DC-IN charging port design. The pin either eventually will break off, or the contacts on the board will become loose. Contacted ASUS, both are out of warranty, only 12M. Will cost estimated $280 each to fix them, not including shipping both out to them.
I am pissed, I trusted ASUS tech for a long time, they make decent internal parts, but their retail products are ***.I will never buy another ASUS product again.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality retail products
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Asus X200Ca Touchscreen Laptop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I had placed an (dell laptop) order 103-1253225-4398657 on Amazon on 1st of october costed me around 62250 INR ($948) and its been 23 days, I have not received my product..."
- "I bought a U46E in 2011. I only used the laptop at night so open and close maybe once each night max. After casual use, the front benzel..."
- "On April 4, 2016 I bought 30 iphone se 64gb from Apple Wholesale Store because of course I have read all of the positive reviews online and also saw the..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "I started this regimen back in March for a week then I stopped and started once again in May 2016 at 215 lbs. This month of September 2016 I have..."
- "Soy consumidor de tecnología , y los productos son como en la descripción de la página web se indica. Llegan los productos en un paquete bien protegidos, y los..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."