Update added by user Aug 12, 2015
No contact yet, I sent an email to their corp. office.
Update added by user Aug 04, 2015
BTW ... I can understand if this was an isolated incident with one machine or from rough use...but BOTH computers at around the same time under normal operating conditions? This is obviously a design flaw and ASUS should stand behind their product(s) and honor some sort of solution.
Original review posted by user Aug 04, 2015
Bought two ASUS X200CA touch screen laptops at Best Buy for about $250 ea.Computers work really well.
However, both no longer charge due to faulty DC-IN charging port design. The pin either eventually will break off, or the contacts on the board will become loose. Contacted ASUS, both are out of warranty, only 12M. Will cost estimated $280 each to fix them, not including shipping both out to them.
I am pissed, I trusted ASUS tech for a long time, they make decent internal parts, but their retail products are ***.I will never buy another ASUS product again.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality retail products
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Asus X200Ca Touchscreen Laptop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I dont even know how to describe my experience I had during weekend. So I'll just explain what happened one by one, and want to ask you what you think..."
- "I bought the headphone ATH-ANC7b one year ago by the amazon website. Nowadays the ear protection of synthetic leather showed problems, started to lose the seam. How I'm from brazil,..."
- "-Diagnosed bad motherboard needed to be replaced by highly trained ET (With my limited knowledge,I was better qualified than these people)-ET wiped drive clean and installed new Home Premium OS..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."
- "Good deals on furniture, a decent warrantee, but BAD delivery. They must hire on-the-cheap, because these guys not only did extensive damage to my home, they could not even bring..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."