I bought an ASUS computer monitor recently, only to find that it shuts down every time you begin to read something on the screen. How could this be? Any monitor I owned in the past keeps working until YOU CHOOSE to turn it off. I perfected the resolution settings, chose Windows settings that cause the monitor "NEVER" to shut off, but it continued to shut OFF whenever I started reading. Since no monitor I had ever owned did this, my solution was to return it to the store for a refund. After receiving the refund I started looking for another monitor to buy. I told the salesperson what had happened and he said that it is normal for that model of monitor to shut off IF YOU ARE NOT MOVING; that it has a motion detector. WHAAAAAAAAT????? Was he kidding? I asked him if he meant that it would shut down if the mouse was not moving. He said no, it shuts off if YOUR BODY is not moving. For a moment I thought he was kidding, or that I was in the Twilight Zone. He explained that you can change the setting so it doesn't shut off if you are not moving. Why would anyone design a monitor that defaults to shutdown if the person sitting in the chair in front of it is not moving? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. When I sit down to the computer I AM READING. Who flails their arms around, etc., while reading? Not me. So I decided that I would never buy a product from ASUS again if they think it is normal design to have such a wacky, insane feature for their product. I have never heard of such lunacy. Someone at ASUS said, "This is a go." Unbelievable!
Furthermore, the LED logo on the carton is more prominent than the LCD in the model number. It should be illegal to have LED on a carton that does not contain and LED monitor.
Well I vote with my feet and ASUS will never get my business again!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Monitor Pro Art Pa238Q Lcd
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I should have known better about a product that has THREE different names! Tablet bought 7/2014; numerous issues with spontaneous crashes and hangs. Android OS updated by Asus 2x over..."
- "Here is a history of the correspondence and terrible service I have received from BrickFence. You can make up you own mind as to whether to do business with this..."
- "Ordered two ipad mini cases for a total of $30. While processing my credit card information, I was directed to a foreign website (alipay or something like that), then..."
- "Grooming Salon Today July 23, 2016 I took my 10 month old 4LB Shorkie to Petsmart in Barrhaven as I always do to get groomed. He is special needs and I..."
- "Totally garbage. I bought a sofa set with their advised warranty. After a year it all ripped apart. Contacted warranty, they had a simple answer that We only cover..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "Instant Bulk SMTP Instant Bulk SMTP is an outgoing email service that will allow you to send emails from your email address either you have your own software or you don’t..."