ASUS LCD Monitor defaults to shutdown if you are not MOVING!
I bought an ASUS computer monitor recently, only to find that it shuts down every time you begin to read something on the screen. How could this be? Any monitor I owned in the past keeps working until YOU CHOOSE to turn it off. I perfected the resolution settings, chose Windows settings that cause the monitor "NEVER" to shut off, but it continued to shut OFF whenever I started reading. Since no monitor I had ever owned did this, my solution was to return it to the store for a refund. After receiving the refund I started looking for another monitor to buy. I told the salesperson what had happened and he said that it is normal for that model of monitor to shut off IF YOU ARE NOT MOVING; that it has a motion detector. WHAAAAAAAAT????? Was he kidding? I asked him if he meant that it would shut down if the mouse was not moving. He said no, it shuts off if YOUR BODY is not moving. For a moment I thought he was kidding, or that I was in the Twilight Zone. He explained that you can change the setting so it doesn't shut off if you are not moving. Why would anyone design a monitor that defaults to shutdown if the person sitting in the chair in front of it is not moving? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. When I sit down to the computer I AM READING. Who flails their arms around, etc., while reading? Not me. So I decided that I would never buy a product from ASUS again if they think it is normal design to have such a wacky, insane feature for their product. I have never heard of such lunacy. Someone at ASUS said, "This is a go." Unbelievable!
Furthermore, the LED logo on the carton is more prominent than the LCD in the model number. It should be illegal to have LED on a carton that does not contain and LED monitor.
Well I vote with my feet and ASUS will never get my business again!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Monitor Pro Art Pa238Q Lcd
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "Well, i just bought a powerbank 20000mah from lazada. I was very ecstatic after receiving it day ago but after peeling the cover tape of my powerbank I found out..."
- "On March 14th I ordered a Cube i7 Tablet that was offered for $304 from gearbest, naturaly I added a stylus and a keyboard to the order. Friday March 18th, I..."
- "It started on the 3rd of FEB 2016. My bios wouldn't update so I call Asus Tech support. I gave them all my info and for 2hrs. I was put..."
- "Totally garbage. I bought a sofa set with their advised warranty. After a year it all ripped apart. Contacted warranty, they had a simple answer that We only cover..."
- "Grooming Salon Today July 23, 2016 I took my 10 month old 4LB Shorkie to Petsmart in Barrhaven as I always do to get groomed. He is special needs and I..."
- "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..."
- "my break time po ba guadalupe branch? akala ko po 24hrs? ang explain ng guard ngayon lang na cut off resume daw ng 12:30Am pero andun nmn ang teller sa..."
- "Avoid this "storage bed" which lacks storage - Junk! This was one of the most disappointing furniture purchases we ever made. From the pictures and the descriptions, we expected a..."