ASUS LCD Monitor defaults to shutdown if you are not MOVING!

I bought an ASUS computer monitor recently, only to find that it shuts down every time you begin to read something on the screen. How could this be? Any monitor I owned in the past keeps working until YOU CHOOSE to turn it off. I perfected the resolution settings, chose Windows settings that cause the monitor "NEVER" to shut off, but it continued to shut OFF whenever I started reading. Since no monitor I had ever owned did this, my solution was to return it to the store for a refund. After receiving the refund I started looking for another monitor to buy. I told the salesperson what had happened and he said that it is normal for that model of monitor to shut off IF YOU ARE NOT MOVING; that it has a motion detector. WHAAAAAAAAT????? Was he kidding? I asked him if he meant that it would shut down if the mouse was not moving. He said no, it shuts off if YOUR BODY is not moving. For a moment I thought he was kidding, or that I was in the Twilight Zone. He explained that you can change the setting so it doesn't shut off if you are not moving. Why would anyone design a monitor that defaults to shutdown if the person sitting in the chair in front of it is not moving? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. When I sit down to the computer I AM READING. Who flails their arms around, etc., while reading? Not me. So I decided that I would never buy a product from ASUS again if they think it is normal design to have such a wacky, insane feature for their product. I have never heard of such lunacy. Someone at ASUS said, "This is a go." Unbelievable!

Furthermore, the LED logo on the carton is more prominent than the LCD in the model number. It should be illegal to have LED on a carton that does not contain and LED monitor.

Well I vote with my feet and ASUS will never get my business again!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 27, 2012 #574415

asus uses cheap parts

0 0 Reply
computer tech

Nov 27, 2012 #574409

assus products have taken a big nose dive in the quality department for some time.
i also have had this problem with a monitor but was lucky it showed up right away and the store exchaged it.
product wise i one of thier top of the line $500.00 msrp gaming mother boards drops voltage to the main 6 on board u.s.b ports, 2 are for the mouse and key board it has gone though 4 rma's,time one they exchanged a 3 week old one for a rebuilt, the next 3 they sent it back NO PROBLEM FOUND,
this was in a custom i built for a customer.replaced it with a intel branded gaming mother board no more problems. i'm out the cost of a high end mother board.

i no longer use any of thier products in any build.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Asus. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Asus.
Filing a new complaint about